Re: [LAU] New album out: Modlys/2013

From: Atte <atte@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Dec 31 2013 - 16:51:32 EET

On 12/31/2013 03:33 PM, Brendan Jones wrote:

> Only 5 songs in and man this is seriously good. Subtle teases and
> swells. Vocals on Engang are delicious.

Wow, thanks man!

> Would love to read the liner notes on how you produced this. Some
> supercollider in there for the beats? What are you using for synths?
> Love to hear about your workflow

Well, first of all I'm one of the heretic renoise users. So everything
is basically renoise. I used the padsynth tool for some pads and loomer
aspect for a few sounds. The most prominent other piece of software it
paulstretch, it's extensively used on "Engang", "20", "Maria bebudelse",
"Forfra" and "Boston undervej". The piano used on a few tracks is the
MIS piano samples.

I'll write more about the workflow later, if you're interested...

--
Atte
http://atte.dk   http://modlys.dk