Re: [LAU] notation software

From: <gnome@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Jan 01 2014 - 08:51:59 EET

---- David Santamauro <david.santamauro@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
> On 12/31/2013 02:38 PM, david wrote:
> > On 12/31/2013 09:12 AM, Brett McCoy wrote:

> >> MuseScore & Rosegarden are probably the most mature score editors, at
> >> least the ones I've tried. MuseScore is more in spirit to Sibelius and
> >> Finale, whereas Rosegarden can be used as a DAW with JACK, and
> >> supports LADSPA & DSSI plugins, although does not yet support LV2.
> >> Nothing beats Lilypond, though. I use it for all of my composing, not
> >> just for printing.
> >
> > Denemo?
> >

> I couldn't figure out a way to get more than one jack-midi output port.
> Seems it is one port for all the staves and only program change/channel
> are assignable. so 16 instruments or 1 hefty instrument with 16
> articulations ... either way, pretty limiting.
>
> David

I've only briefly used it, for a straight score, and didn't even care if it supported any kind of MIDI output. For something complicated, I'd use Rosegarden. It outputs Lilypond (RG did away with it's own native printing facility in favor of Lilypond output), you could always neaten that up in your preferred Lilypond editor.

David W. Jones
gnome@email-addr-hidden
authenticity, honesty, community
http://dancingtreefrog.com