Re: [LAU] Is there a minimum screen resolution for Ardour?

From: Alexandre Prokoudine <alexandre.prokoudine@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Jan 16 2014 - 15:39:14 EET

15 ÑÎ×. 2014 Ç. 20:51 ÐÏÌØÚÏ×ÁÔÅÌØ "Tweed" <tweed@email-addr-hidden>
ÎÁÐÉÓÁÌ:

> On 01/15/2014 02:58 AM, Alexandre Prokoudine wrote:
>
>> On Wed, Jan 15, 2014 at 11:54 AM, david wrote:
>>
>>> Just wondering. Haven't looked at it for awhile. The Ardour site doesn't
>>> say.
>>>
>> You can make it work on 1024x600. Would you like to? :)
>>

>> I would. How does one do this?

I never tried the environment variable, so here is a blunt sequence of
manual actions:

1. Open Edit/Preferences/GUI and change font size scale from 100% to at
least 80% (I used to use 75% on an older netbook).

2. Right-click on the secondary clock, choose Off to disable it and thus
shrink the windows horizontally.

3. Press Shift+E to disable mixer strip in the sidebar (alternatively,
since v3.3 or so you can choose what elements are present in the mixer
strip, use Edit/Preferences dialog for that).

4. Right-click on the timeline above labels of each line and disable the
ones you don't really need.

5. Additionally you can close the bottom navigation bar (via View menu),
but that is up to you.

If you really have a lot of tracks and for some reasons you are using a
tiny display, you might find saving and restoring views rather helpful.

Alexandre