[LAU] An Old one and a new one

From: Will Godfrey <willgodfrey@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Jan 17 2014 - 21:59:14 EET

Quite a few people (here and elsewhere) commented on a tune I posted about two
years ago, saying they weren't too keen on the change I had made - to an even
earlier posting - involving the use of a pan pipe sound. I rather came to
agree, but inertia stopped me doing anything about it... until Christmas time.

However, working on this tune once more, also kicked me into thinking up a
sequel - something I had also put off for a long time. So here we have two
entries with complete story lines as well :)

For those interested in such things, both of these are produced entirely with
Rosegarden and Yoshimi.

As usual, all comments welcome.

{ahem}
The travellers return to find their homes empty, with not a sign of their
families and friends visible in the ruins of their village, nor the
neighbouring villages. Indeed, even the great city is deserted and starting to
decay, but there they find a clue.

A city scribe has left a tantalising ledger entry that says all must leave.
There are details of when and how, but no explanation of why, nor where the
tribes will go.

The travellers rest for a few days while they consider their options, then with
heavy hearts begin their search, having no idea of when or whether they will be
reunited with their loved ones.

http://www.musically.me.uk/music/In_Search_Of_The_Lost_Tribes.ogg

{cough}
Sixty people started this search for the tribes. Over the long years a dozen
have been lost, victim to accident, illness or bandits. Near to exhaustion,
with what meagre supplies remain, the travellers set up camp in a sheltered
valley far from their old country. After so many false leads and dashed hopes,
they must decide: Do they continue, or accept defeat?

That evening the decision is made. A handful of the fittest set out for the
last time with the village calling horn. It will be no more than a three day
onward search, while the remainder consider the best location should they need
to build new homes.

http://www.musically.me.uk/music/The_Long_Years.ogg

--
Will J Godfrey