Re: [LAU] Bitwig at long last...?

From: Paul Davis <paul@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Jan 23 2014 - 00:02:02 EET

On Wed, Jan 22, 2014 at 4:44 PM, Joe Hartley <jh@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

> Since we're just doing things, can you make it so that Ardour will just
> handle multiple USB mics connected to the computer it's running on??

you're suggesting that there be some really simple way to do this, such as
adding a command line argument, like -A or something, and then what? the
name of the device? how could something that simple work? what happens if
the user wants to specify a different sample rate? next you're going to
suggest that there is another command line argument that would allow more
detaled device specifications, right?

and let me guess, you want this to work for bitwig and qtractor just like
it would for ardour, right?

bloody unbelievable.