Re: [LAU] a question reading linux on stage

From: david <gnome@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Jan 25 2014 - 09:24:15 EET

On 01/24/2014 02:12 AM, Brendan Jones wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> I've been reading with interested that some of you use netbooks/small
> form factor pc's/rasberry pi's on stage for live performance. I'm
> currently developing an LV2 plugin and am wondering what the lowest
> common denomination screen resolution I should be shooting for.
>
> During performance, what if anything, do you actually need to see apart
> from what the the current preset is? Is there a use case for making all
> parameters for a synth plugin (for example) available/accessible on
> screen, or using midi learn to hide/unhide parameter tabs etc. Examples
> of current programs plugins would be great.

Hmm, I record on a netbook (1280x800 resolution). Not performing. But I
think if I was using it to perform, I'd want the ability to get to or
switch presets quickly. Just a simple button click. Those folk who
designed pipe organs knew what they were doing when they put thumb
pistons above each manual!

--
David
gnome@email-addr-hidden