Re: [LAU] Script to clean up Ardour unused files ?

From: Philipp Überbacher <murks@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Jan 27 2014 - 15:44:05 EET

On Mon, 27 Jan 2014 13:02:25 +0000
Fons Adriaensen <fons@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

> On Mon, Jan 27, 2014 at 12:17:10PM +0100, Arve Barsnes wrote:
> > On 27 January 2014 11:47, Fons Adriaensen <fons@email-addr-hidden>
> > wrote:
> >
> > > On a related note: some recent versions seem to ignore
> > > the path set in the new session dialog, and always use
> > > the default path from the rc file.
> > >
> > > Sounds like you (like me) are using system libraries, instead of
> > > the
> > bundled libraries? Paul explained some time ago that this was due
> > to a bug in gtk. Somehow the fix must still not be in a released
> > version, because I still have the problem, but it should be fixed a
> > long time ago.
>
> I'm using the Archlinux package. Arch maintainers won't change or
> patch anything unless it's absolutley unavoidable, so if A3 comes
> with some libraries of its own they probably get used.
>
> Ciao,

Not necessarily. In Ardour there are config option to decide whether it
should be built with system libraries or the ones included in Ardour.
In such cases the Arch maintainers often opt for the system libraries.
In this case they just use the default.
https://projects.archlinux.org/svntogit/packages.git/tree/trunk/PKGBUILD?h=packages/ardour

The default seems to be:
 * Will build against private GTK dependency stack : no
 * Will build against private Ardour dependency stack : no

Regards,
Philipp

--
JID: murks@email-addr-hidden