Re: [LAU] Script to clean up Ardour unused files ?

From: <jonetsu@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Jan 29 2014 - 02:35:23 EET

On Mon, 27 Jan 2014 10:45:40 -0500,
drew Roberts <zotz@email-addr-hidden> wrote :

> Perhaps:

> ardour --cleanup project_name

> and then leave it up to the script to pass in the project names one
> at a time in a loop.

That could be quite useful. What's a drag currently is that not only
the user interface must be used, but it must be used twice. One time
to 'mark' the files to delete, then terminate Arour, then restart
Ardour, then empty the waste basket. Why does this have to be done by
restarting Ardour ? Why not a single GUI option at least and be done
with it ? I did a few sessions and there's avg. 200M -500M cleaned up
per session. I have approx. a hundred of those of which I've never
used the cleanup fucntion. That potentially represents a substantial
amount of disk space.

Apart from that, Ardour is great. Still a lot to discover about all of
its capabilities !