Re: [LAU] M-Audio Fast Track Pro: unreliable, distorted recording

From: James Harkins <jamshark70@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Jan 30 2014 - 03:34:21 EET

Guillaume Pellerin <lists@...> writes:

> I'm a contributor of the driver for this card in the Linux kernel and it works
> very well for me. You should maybe tune your ALSA setup for this.
>
> First, what is your kernel version?

Hm... I'm keeping an eye on this thread, because I have the same problem
with a Fast Track Pro.

It's less of an inconvenience for me, because in my environment, mic input
goes through JACK. Sometimes, after starting JACK, the mic is horribly
distorted, but once I get a good connection to the FTPro, then it remains
stable as long as JACK is alive. So, I've been able to work around it by
testing the microphone in my pre-performance check, but it would be nice if
it Just Worked.

$ uname -a
Linux dlm-A6200 3.2.0-58-lowlatency #60-Ubuntu SMP PREEMPT Tue Dec 10
05:16:26 UTC 2013 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

ALSA: 1.0.25+dfsg-0ubuntu10.2
jackd2: 1.9.8~dfsg.1-1ubuntu2

hjh