[LAU] Small Rotter / remote icecast box thoughts.

From: drew Roberts <zotz@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Jan 31 2014 - 18:06:56 EET

Already sent to the Rivendell users list several days ago but so far nobody
seems to be doing exactly this so I thought the wider linux audio community
might have some valuable insight.

Looking for ideas / thoughts / discussion / advice on:

a small box to put in remote locations.

it will:

have a tuner card(s) or an external radio(s)
record the input from the radio via rotter (other?)
send to an icecast instance for remote listening.
be low power and inexpensive.
Hopefully be able to handle more than one station on the same box.

Links for those who may not know of rotter or some of the other bits I want to
run.:

Rotter - http://www.aelius.com/njh/rotter/
Liquidsoap - http://savonet.sourceforge.net/
Darkice - http://code.google.com/p/darkice/