Re: [LAU] Strange change of sample rate upon connecting mixing desk

From: Peter P. <p8rpp@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Feb 01 2014 - 20:13:34 EET

* Jörn Nettingsmeier <nettings@email-addr-hidden> [2014-02-01 15:36]:
> On 02/01/2014 12:59 AM, Peter P. wrote:
> >Dear list,
> >allow me to post a question here that I already sent to alsa-user, but
> >without any response so far, thank you!
> >
> >----------8<-----------
> >
> >Hi all, now here is one of the weirdest problems I have come across in
> >the past years. Actually it is halting my current production even, but
> >I am primarily interested how this error is caused (and how it can be
> >solved):
> >
> >The sampling rate of my RME HDSP Card is set from "Internal 44.1k" to
> >"Internal 48k" upon connecting a Yamaha DM1000 mixing console via usb!
> >
> >Can anyone imagine what causes this strange behavior?
>
> http://xkcd.com/1316/
>
> other than that, no idea.

Thanks, that helped a _bit_ .

I am wondering if loading the snd-usb-audio driver somehow sets the
sampling rate to some default value. Well, I might move this one over
to alsa-dev for a last resort. What's also strange is that this
happens regardless of what Sr the DM1000 is set to internally. But
then there is no usb audio interface present within that mixer anyway.

best, P