Re: [LAU] New album out: Modlys/2013 - workflow

From: Atte <atte@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Feb 04 2014 - 23:23:15 EET

On 02/04/2014 02:42 PM, Dave Phillips wrote:

> Very cool, thank you for this detailed explication. :) Some of your
> methods are rather different from what I expected, you're definitely in
> control of your tools, and you have fine musical sense.

I'm not sure what you expected (but would like to hear it)...

> use RubberBand for this sort of processing, though I have experimented
> with paulstretch.

I tested various stretching engines, and paulstretch just sounds so
beautiful. Of course it's a little picky/tricky to work with, which is
why I made a python wrapper script that makes it read/write all kinds of
formats and makes it more pleasant to work with :-)

> Best regards, and as always, thanks for the beautiful music,

You're welcome, glad someone enjoys it!

--
Atte
http://atte.dk   http://modlys.dk