[LAU] [Fwd: Re: Bitwig at long last...?]

From: Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Feb 07 2014 - 19:20:17 EET

-------- Forwarded Message --------
From: Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@email-addr-hidden-dsl.net>
To: linux-audio-user <linux-audio-user@email-addr-hidden>
Subject: Re: [LAU] Bitwig at long last...?
Date: Fri, 07 Feb 2014 18:19:21 +0100
Mailer: Evolution 3.10.3

On Fri, 2014-02-07 at 16:54 +0100, Jeremy Jongepier wrote:
> On 02/07/2014 04:27 PM, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> > Aaargh, I own a nice single coil Ibanez guitar, but I love to play the
> > SG's of friends :). The fingerboard of a SG is close to a classical
> > guitar, the mechanics are bad, but the "rest" is amazing. It's my
> > favourite guitar, just because I grow up as a musician by imitating
> > Jimi, I bought this single coil Ibanez. Today I would buy a SG :).
>
> As the owner of a 1970 SG I can say that the fingerboard doesn't feel at
> all like the one from a classical guitar. Also the mechanics of my SG
> are in pretty good shape for a guitar of 44 years old. Just to make
> clear that not every SG has the same fingerboard or bad mechanics. And
> then I'm not talking about how different they can sound. My SG has P90's
> but I've owned one with humbuckers too which sounded completely
> different. And then I almost forget the player. Robby Krieger sounds
> completely different than say Tony Iommi or Angus Young.
> On-topic, I think the same way about DAW's. I consider generalizing a vice.

:) No comment ;), no, a comment, I suspect you're aware about what I'm
talking about ;). The fingerboard is more like a classical guitar, than
a Stratocaster or Stratocaster alike guitar and all SG humbuckers from
different ages have a special unique sound _and_ a Schaller M6 Mini or
derivative definitively is better than an original (Conclusion or what
ever is the name) opened SG mechanic.