Re: [LAU] [OT] Phoneblocks, a modular phone

From: Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Feb 08 2014 - 20:59:15 EET

On Sat, 2014-02-08 at 19:33 +0100, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> On Sat, 2014-02-08 at 19:08 +0100, Carlos sanchiavedraz wrote:
> > P.S.2: talking about well-meaning envy, and myself being some kind of
> > a musician in some way, I've found this beautiful sentence:
> > "Eisenberg goes on to describe musicians as "self-conscious birds" who
> > have music both in their muscles and in their minds.And that must be a
> > wonderful state of being. It is for this reason that I have a certain
> > well-meaning envy of musicians."
>
> Music seems to be a good training against dementia and even seems to
> protect against effects of Alzheimer's disease, OTOH a lot of disorders
> are more often for artists, depressions, personality disorders, left vs
> right cerebral hemisphere, IOW artists are more often left-hander,
> dyslexics etc. and even while making music seems to protect against
> dementia and effects of Alzheimer, musicians are more often addicted to
> evil, life-endangering drugs, they are more often nerds etc., so the
> resume seems to be that the pros come with contrasĀ². IMO the only real
> pro of being a musician is to have fun, when making music and many of us
> "suffer" from synesthesia, so we don't need drugs to experience what
> most people only could experience when taking drugs.

PS: I guess not only musicians, but all artists are more awake than most
non-artists. If you e.g. draw for children, you will give a drawn horse
human features by drawing the eyes in front of the head. A real horse
has got the eyes on the sides of the head, but usually nobody does
notice this "mistake". IOW to make music, to draw a picture, to write a
story, there is the need to care about nature, to reflect opinions etc..