Re: [LAU] jaaa

From: Fons Adriaensen <fons@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Feb 11 2014 - 21:22:57 EET

On Tue, Feb 11, 2014 at 06:02:48PM +0000, Will Godfrey wrote:

> I've just been using this to do some tests on an Amp and it's produced some
> interesting and useful results. However, I would really like a log frequency
> scale.

The F-scale is linear because the resolution of the analyser is
independent of frequency. It provides as much 'detail' between
10.1 and 10.2 kHz as it does between 100 and 200 Hz. Using a log
scale would mean that most of that information is thrown away.

> Is this a practical future option?

It hasn't been for the last 10 years, and that is likely to
stay that way. For the type of measurements that JAAA is
designed for a log scale wouldn't make much sense.

The only type of measurement that is usually presented with
a log frequency scale is the traditional 'frequency response',
plot and Jaaa isn't the right tool to create that.

Ciao,

--
FA