Re: [LAU] Audio and Bluetooth

From: Martin Homuth-Rosemann <linuxaudio@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Feb 17 2014 - 11:34:21 EET

Harry van Haaren wrote
> I'll suggest two options:
> A) Get a Arduino Uno (so you have the flashable USB chip), and make it
> appear as a class compliant USB MIDI device. ALSA will pick it up, and
> automatically list it as a MIDI I/O device. Done.
>
> B) Use a hardware MIDI output from the Arduino: setting the serial
> baudrate
> to 31250 (midi baud rate), and writing the bytes you want using
> Serial.write() does the job. The hardware MIDI output is very simple:
> http://arduino.cc/en/uploads/Tutorial/MIDI_bb.png

Hi, there's a third option, use the VUSB software USB emulation with a
simple AVR chip. I used this SW to build a simple MIDI I/O device that works
fine with Linux:
http://forums.obdev.at/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1352
There are already some projects using my MIDI code:
http://www.obdev.at/products/vusb/prjall.html

Ciao, Martin