Re: [LAU] raspi as midi synth

From: Len Ovens <len@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Feb 28 2014 - 00:18:26 EET

On Thu, 27 Feb 2014, Hans Wilmers wrote:
> Has anybody here tried out this hardware?
> http://www.element14.com/community/community/raspberry-pi/raspberry-pi-accessories/wolfson_pi

Looks interesting. It does limit what other HW can be used with the board,
but I would guess almost anything does that. They also warn against using
a USB hub at the same time, but I guess a USB MIDI (with no USB mouse)
would be ok. It does not say what the latency is or can be set to. No
mention of jackd at all :) Their kernel has to be used right now, but the
driver bits are available if you wish to roll your own kernel.

--
Len Ovens
www.ovenwerks.net