Re: [LAU] ebur128 batch processing

From: Gene Heskett <gheskett@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Mar 08 2014 - 01:35:48 EET

On Friday 07 March 2014 18:33:36 Fons Adriaensen did opine:

> On Fri, Mar 07, 2014 at 05:56:06PM -0500, Gene Heskett wrote:
> > How then do they handle the noise floor when they are running rms 27db
> > below a lot of the rest of the planet?
>
> I suspect you are mixing up physical voltage levels in dBm and
> digital levels here (since 4 + 23 = 27).
>
> The -23 dB standard loudness reference of ebur128 is relative
> to digital peak level, not to 0 dBm.
>
> Ciao,

Ahh, gotcha Fons, so they are saying -23db below the digital clip level.
That makes perfect sense in that context, thanks.

Now if we could just get the production houses to adhere to that.

Cheers, Gene

-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
NOTICE: Will pay 100 USD for an HP-4815A defective but
complete probe assembly.