[LAU] M-Audio 88es Keyboard

From: Clifford Dunn <beatleboy07@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Mar 14 2014 - 03:52:47 EET

Hi List,

This probably isnt the right place, but I'm kind of lost on where to
go from here:

I have an M-Audio Keystation 88es Keyboard. I plug it into my laptop
running KxStudio through USB, and pretty much works perfectly out of
the box. I've had a lot of success running it into LinuxSampler and
running that into Ardour. I pretty much only feel limited by the
sample library I have there.

That and XRuns. I'm still working on reducing those. If I increase my
buffer size in Jack, the keyboard isn't quite as responsive (probably
obvious there). I figure I'll eventually find the sweet spot...

What I do hope someone can help me with is a simple problem. When I
plug a foot pedal into the sustain port of the keyboard, it doesn't
add any change to the signal. The only other experience I have is
using this keyboard with Logic, Garageband, and Main Stage. The
sustain worked like a sustain would in these programs. I wonder if
someone could point me towards unlocking this functionality. Google
searches aren't too helpful with this.

Thanks!
Clifford Dunn
Flutist/Composer