Re: [LAU] Proposal for 'lo-fi' music competition

From: david <gnome@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Mar 17 2014 - 07:25:32 EET

On 03/16/2014 04:20 PM, Paul Davis wrote:

> On Sun, Mar 16, 2014 at 7:04 PM, Lorenzo Sutton
> <lorenzofsutton@email-addr-hidden <mailto:lorenzofsutton@email-addr-hidden>> wrote:
>
> In light of the interesting discussion on sample rates I propose a
> music competition among LAU around production of music pieces with
> quality considered 'low' by current dominating
> professional/audiophile standards in the digital domain:
>
> Specifics to be discussed, but I would start with the following:
>
> can we just re-record the beatles or miles davis from vinyl and consider
> it done?

Or maybe you mean how music sounded on old battery-powered AM portable
radios? I've heard quite a bit of it in the last few days, it seems to
be the sound quality that Amazon Kindle Support provides for their
"music on hold" ...

Or 1/4" inch tape cassettes? 8-track tapes?

--
David W. Jones
gnome@email-addr-hidden