Re: [LAU] Yamaha Motif XF as USB Soundcard

From: Aiyumi Moriya <aiyumi.br@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Mar 18 2014 - 03:14:41 EET

>>> The lsusb output shows that there is no interface for this.
>>> Does this need some kind of configuration on the device?
>>
>> Yes, it does.
>
> And what is the lsusb output after you have enabled this?

It was already enabled. If I disable it, the MIDI ports still appear
and the device still shows on "/proc/asound/cards", but MIDI playback
and recording don't work. It's an option to tell the device to
communicate via MIDI cables or USB (or firewire, which I don't have).
If set to USB, it should accept MIDI via USB, and on Win/Mac it can
also be used as audio interface. I checked Win/Mac tutorials about
using it as a soundcard, and setting this option was the only relevant
step mentioned, apart from installing the proprietary driver of
course. So... Dead end?

I thought it had a chance of working since I saw on that thread that
MOX (similar product line) works. I got my hopes up when the MIDI
communication worked here (it didn't work before. On my previous
system, the ports didn't even show), then I saw my device on
"/proc/asound/cards"... But now that I think about it, Virmidi is
there too, so being listed there probably doesn't mean anything :(.