Re: [LAU] Yamaha Motif XF as USB Soundcard

From: Aiyumi Moriya <aiyumi.br@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Mar 19 2014 - 00:11:18 EET

> So the audio interface function is Firewire only... I don't know what
> made me believe that USB also worked.

I think I found my point of confusion. It was MOX. I was too excited
when I stumbled upon the MOX thread.

I downloaded the MOX manual just to check, and it turns out that,
indeed, it can work as audio interface via USB, unlike the Motif XF.
Quote:

"The USB [TO HOST] terminal is used to connect this instrument to the
computer via the USB cable and allows you to transfer MIDI data and
audio data between the devices."

Since the MOX is a simpler keyboard from the same product line, I
thought the MOX and Motif were similar enough, and that tutorials made
for
one could be applied to the other. That's the cause for this whole
problem (and that's why I was sure that the USB option was mentioned
on the tutorials I read).

> Harry van Haaren wrote:
>> On Tue, Mar 18, 2014 at 12:10 PM, Aiyumi Moriya wrote:
>>
>> Do you think Firewire has any chance of working? I had no interest to
>> pursue it until now, and have no idea of the state of Firewire
>> support
>> on Linux.
>>
>> The Motif XF isn't listed:
>> http://www.ffado.org/?q=devicesupport%2Flist&filter0=yamaha&filter1=&op2=OR
>
> It is unsupported, like all the other mLAN devices.

Ok. Case solved, then.

Once again, thank you for the help.