Re: [LAU] Musician who uses sooperlooper

From: Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Mar 26 2014 - 13:15:19 EET

On Wed, 2014-03-26 at 10:43 +0000, Harry van Haaren wrote:
> so OsX

Likely for good reasons.

The Linux driver for my RME card is completely crap, x-runs, ADAT
doesn't work correctly.

New kernel-rt's lock my machine, the last kernel-rt's I can use are
3.8.13 kernel's, currently it's 3.8.13.14-rt30.

That's ok for my private needs, but the absolutely no-go, if you make a
living from making music.

Linux is for hobbyist enthusiasts only. I'm one ;), but I also made a
living by making and mixing music and soundtracks. When doing it, it
always was done completely without Linux ... at least without Linux PCs,
some stand alone gear using Linux, is something completely different.

I'm aware that now many people from this list will disagree. What are
they doing, for what companies/schools are they doing the engineering,
who will pay the contract penalty when they fail?

Jump into the "real" music industry shark tank and use Linux _PCs_! Good
luck!

Regards,
Ralf