Re: [LAU] Bitwig 1.0 is out

From: Hartmut Noack <zettberlin@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Mar 28 2014 - 18:35:00 EET

Am 26.03.2014 13:27, schrieb Filipe Coelho:
> On 03/26/2014 12:25 PM, Alexandre Prokoudine wrote:
>> Hello, audiocrowd :)
>>
>> Bitwig is finally released. Only DEB file (and apparently for i686
>> only) is available at this time for Linux.
>>
>> https://www.bitwig.com/en/bitwig-studio/download.html
> Actually, it's 64bit only.

I have it running here in Kubuntu 12.10 64, works amazingly stable given
the experience from the beta 8 months or so ago... 30 Tracks including 2
synths running 3-4h with even playing Minecraft in the background (must
hunt these chicken and make some more arrows to protect my NPCs, there
is no alternative... ;-) )and there is not a single xrun with Jack set
to 8ms latency....

The only bugger is a bogus error at startup regarding port audio, I only
hope, they drop that for good and equip the LInuxversion with a native
Jack-connection....

best regards

HZN