Re: [LAU] Bitwig: what we can learn from it

From: Alexandre Prokoudine <alexandre.prokoudine@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Mar 31 2014 - 17:48:53 EEST

On Mon, Mar 31, 2014 at 6:33 PM, James Harkins wrote:

> Well, in that case, it's a good thing I didn't read your message before I
> started... making music with SuperCollider tonight :-p This one's in 4/4
> time, even.

Er, isn't it just a matter of taste? :)

Gordon basically summarized (in a rather arguable manner) a point that
we've discussed time and time again: if Linux audio is for geeks or
for full-time musicians.

In the eyes of slightly informed masses, Linux audio either doesn't
exist, or is closely related to experimental electronic music
(alternatively, to death metal bands). The big win for LMMS and
Qtractor (with all their disadvantages) is that they are changing this
perception towards (reluctantly) including EDM to this list.

So what did you expect? :)

Alexandre