Re: [LAU] Bitwig: what we can learn from it

From: Alexandre Prokoudine <alexandre.prokoudine@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Mar 31 2014 - 18:07:18 EEST

On Mon, Mar 31, 2014 at 6:51 PM, Fons Adriaensen wrote:

>> Basically you've just admitted that you have no hands-on experience
>> with Bitwig. What's worse, you appear to have no hands-on experience
>> with Ardour 3.
>
> I didn't mention either of them.

They were in the context that you appear to arbitrarily keep or drop :)

OTOH, I'm not sure why it should matter at all given that you seem to
have very little (if any) use for MIDI tracks. Given your background,
we might as well argue whether Pianoteq is a blasphemy :)

This is simply not the point.

The point is that free software could be made easier to use without
(much) introducing the "dumbing down" aspect. The question is if
developers choose the sorry status quo or if they are more
open-minded. Because pretty much all lessons we can learn from Bitwig
end up in actually changing source code.

Alexandre