[LAU] Change MIDI controller's channel from PC

From: Federico Galland <federicogalland@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Apr 30 2014 - 23:42:35 EEST

Hi,

My question is exactly the subject's.

The controller in question is a MIDIPLUS Origin 49, connected to my laptop through a usb cable.

Qjackctl lists a midi input to the controller so I'm wondering if there is any way to set the midi channel from the computer.

In case there is a workaround, what I'm trying to do is to have the 8 knobs and 8 sliders on this controller mapped to, for instance, all the controls in calf organ.

Then I could assign one of the sliders to control the midi output's channel (or the keyboard's preset), and control other features of the synth in question.

The controller does have a way to change its output channel, but one has to use the piano keys for that, which means one would have to stop playing.

Any ideas?

Thanks for everything, and for those attending the LAC, I hope you have a good time there, I wish I could participate too.

Fede

--
Federico Galland <federicogalland@email-addr-hidden>