Re: [LAU] Audio interface latency measurements

From: Len Ovens <len@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Jun 22 2014 - 00:16:10 EEST

On Sat, 21 Jun 2014, Peter Lutek wrote:

> ART USB Dual Tube Pre (USB 2.0)

Holding the box for one of those in my hand... and yes it does say USB 2.0
on the box. But, the spec looks a lot like USB 1.1 - two channels, 44.1k
or 48k. SO I don't know what the gain is for that. It is interesting
though that there seem to be separate a/d converters for USB and s/pdif so
that one can be set to 44.1 while the other is at 48k. I am not sure how
this would be useful though. The stated A/D latency is .4ms.

The best thing from my POV was that I could take my laptop into the music
store and plug it in and everything just worked. This was not the case
with 2 or 3 other interfaces I tried the same day. (Native Instruments,
and M-audio... can't remember the other now) The only thing missing is
midi.

--
Len Ovens
www.ovenwerks.net