Re: [LAU] LAC'14 video archive

From: Carlos sanchiavedraz <csanchezgs@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Jun 26 2014 - 20:16:19 EEST

> Hi all,
>
> The video recordings of the LAC'14 presentations have just been uploaded
> to the conference website and are now directly linked from the archive:
> http://lac.linuxaudio.org/2014/program
>

> There are still a three videos missing and the workshop videos are also
> yet to come. Currently they are also only available as vp8/vorbis/webm
> (sorry IE and Safari users). But since it has been quite a while
> already, we decided to not hold back the release of these already
> finished videos any further.
>
> Once the collection is complete, we will provide a .torrent. Meanwhile,
> for those who prefer to download the videos incrementally, they are
> accessible via rsync://linuxaudio.org/ [1].
>
> Many thanks for Frank and Moritz to get those done in really outstanding
> quality this year. Kudos to the complete stream-team.
>
> enjoy,
> robin - for the LAC'14 team
>

> [1] example to get the 720p versions:
> rsync -Pa --exclude "*360p.webm" \
> rsync://linuxaudio.org/lac2014/ \
> lac2014/

I've just watched the Conference Welcome and the Keynote. My kudos to
the organization and everyone involved, it's very nice to be able to
watch conferences for us that couldn't afford to get there and enjoy
them live.

@Jörn, you've spotted many questions on your presentation (here in the
list previuos to this LAC as well) that I've wonder as well over the
years. Great intro for a LAC which encourages a healthy self-criticism
to get better.

Not long ago I was at a conference related to Multimedia/3D/Animation
FLOSS (not only under Linux) hanging out with speakers and presenters
having some coffee. At a certain moment they were talking about how
good, ethic, philosophical and bla bla FLOSS was (sarcasm wink), and I
modestly dare to say something in the lines of: Yes... of course it is
but... we do already know and we're convinced; so maybe what we should
also be doing (in addition to enjoy some coffee/beer making believe to
believers) is to tell others out there and try to put this stuff close
to them.
You mentioned one important point that's to contact and attract
enterprise and companies. This surely could help to create some
momentum and get public knowledge. Related to this point, given that
for the moment that high end aspect escapes me (but it's on my radar),
I'm trying to effectively do something with several in progress
projects aimed mainly to musicians and artist not very tech-savvy and
not aware of other other ways of thinking that care and preserve their
freedom and autonomy (and their wallets in some way), and are
completely useful and functional in addition (maybe just a little less
eye-candy sometimes).

P.S: Just wanted to mention that I had to change to 360p because 720p
stream cuts off. Just FWIW. Surely it's a temporary peak.

--
C. sanchiavedraZ:
* NEW / NUEVO:     www.sanchiavedraZ.com