Re: [LAU] DIY digital control surfaces

From: Will Godfrey <willgodfrey@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Jul 01 2014 - 22:52:36 EEST

On Tue, 1 Jul 2014 12:13:12 -0700 (PDT)
Len Ovens <len@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

> On Tue, 1 Jul 2014, Rick Green wrote:
>
> > On Tue, 1 Jul 2014, Paul Davis wrote:
> >>
> >> TouchDAW ?
> >
> > ALso, Control and Ardroid, as well as TouchOSC are all available in the
> > Android marketplace. They all offer some usfel functionality, but none of
> > them are fully customizable to present a complete solution.
>
> Yes, It seems that so many controls are packed on to the surface, I think
> minding where my fingers touch would take something away from my mixing,
> performing etc. I was thinking just nice long faders in the screen and
> keyboard for buttons.
>
> A question about these apps. If someone has used one of them, looking at
> this picture:
> http://www.humatic.de/htools/touchdaw/man/tablet/tablet_main_2.png
> The faders all show up as orange bars. Does the setting "jump" to where
> your finger is if you don't set it right on the white bar? Or can the user
> touch the fader anywhere and just move up and down to change things?
>
> --
> Len Ovens
> www.ovenwerks.net

I can't remember where now, but I remember seeing a video demo of a mixing desk
that consisted of two positively huge touch screens - one as a sloping desk,
the other a vertical panel behind it. It was true multi-touch. The guy was
moving fistfuls of (large) faders on the lower panel and the upper one, as
well as displaying all sorts of info had what I think were routing controls.

It was some time ago and my memory is a bit hazy, but I think it wasn't using
conventional touch technology, but some sort of infra-red array system.

--
Will J Godfrey
http://www.musically.me.uk