Re: [LAU] Kontakt 5 on Linux - was Re: Recommended near-realistic strings section generator?

From: Danni Coy <danni.coy@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Jul 07 2014 - 09:27:02 EEST

I have had everything working here for a week now.
The kxstudio repositories have everything you need to get started
without needing to compile if you are on Debian or Ubuntu.

Carla (also from kxstudio) and festige should be able to run as a host
for the VST though since the stand alone versions intergrate so well
into jack I am not seeing a real advantage in doing things this way.
Still trying to get Kontakt to show up on a track inside Ardour via
VST host but haven't got that far - currently I have to use external
routing.