Re: [LAU] Kontakt 5 on Linux - was Re: Recommended near-realistic strings section generator?

From: Chris Bungue <ch.bungue@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Jul 08 2014 - 09:58:34 EEST

> Carla (also from kxstudio) and festige should be able to run as a host
> for the VST though since the stand alone versions intergrate so well
> into jack I am not seeing a real advantage in doing things this way.
> Still trying to get Kontakt to show up on a track inside Ardour via
> VST host but haven't got that far - currently I have to use external
> routing.

The best way, I think, to work with vst and ardour is to use external
routing. I work with Addictive Drums in that way and it is very stable.
Another possibility is to use ardour with VST support, but it's only for 32
bit and you have to compile by your self, on ubuntu I think. I did some
tests with ardoureVST on AV linux but it was not very stable.