Re: [LAU] A short story: from zero to recording the drums in a budget

From: Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Jul 20 2014 - 22:05:06 EEST

On Sun, 2014-07-20 at 19:18 +0100, Will Godfrey wrote:
> It's easy to overdo effects on percussion - especially compression.

Pff, it could be replaced by reverb or what ever FX else ;).

To sleep on a mater doesn't harm always ;).

I didn't listen to something that perhaps was introduced by a link.
Sure, if your profession is to record Arabic music or even Orff's like
music, you could completely damage a recording when not knowing what
you're doing, regarding to percussion. Usually less people are able to
be aware when percussion is very, very important.

We are living in the "real" 4 to the floor age.

Real rhythm is far beyond what the generation iPhone/Android mobile is
able to follow.