Re: [LAU] Measuring the acoustical characteristics of my studio using FLOSS software?

From: F. Silvain <silvain@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Jul 23 2014 - 10:43:46 EEST

Gabriel Nordeborn, Jul 23 2014:
Hey Gabriel,
> - Through a test tone(? test sound?) measure the frequency "response" of
> the room.

Try Aliki by Fons Adriaensen:
http://kokkinizita.linuxaudio.org/linuxaudio/downloads/index.html
It's software to create impulse responses for IR based reverbs.

I want to get a nice curve, like an equalizer, which tells me
> roughly how my room responds to the different frequencies.
I think a spectrum analyzer will show you. I also think that there's one amongst Fons' tools as well.
Good luck!

Ta-ta

----
Ffanci