Re: [LAU] Request for advice: remote Linux server playing audio on local Windows system

From: Nikhil Nair <nnair@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Jul 24 2014 - 17:03:17 EEST

Hi Ffanci,

Thanks for all of that - some excellent food for thought there.

Another idea that's occurred to me is to use a Linux virtual machine (under
VMware Player) on my Windows machine: that seems to open up possibilities,
and removes the whole cross-platform hassle. I'll have to see, but
generating the audio locally may even then become a possibility, and all
the latency issues would then go away.

So, I have some fiddling around to do, but it looks like I'm getting
somewhere. May well use OpenVPN somewhere in that setup, too - we'll see.

Cheers,

Nikhil.