[LAU] jack performance in ubuntustudio

From: James Stone <jamesmstone@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Jul 25 2014 - 13:05:13 EEST

I've just done some quick testing of AVLinux vs. Ubuntustudio, and the
performance of jackd is significantly worse on ubuntustudio..

On AVLinux, I can start up jack (0.121.3) with 32 frames, and CPU runs
around 3%. On Ubuntu (jackd 1.9.10), I am getting 30%+ with the same
settings.

Checking top, I am getting pulseaudio at 30% and jackdbus at 20%..
Killing pulseaudio, jackdbus goes down to 13%, but this is still
significantly worse than avlinux..

I'm wondering if it is due to differences in new vs. old jack, or if
there is something else I can tweak?

James