Re: [LAU] JACK on Pi... almost working

From: Jeremy Jongepier <jeremy@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Aug 01 2014 - 08:42:06 EEST

On 07/30/2014 11:01 AM, Gerhard Zintel wrote:
> use a Banana Pi, it is not nearly as crappy as Raspberry, much more powerfull (2 cores, 1 GHz, 1 GB), consumes less power and only a bit more expensive:
>
> see here
> http://hardware-libre.fr/2014/06/raspberry-vs-banana-hardware-duel/
> and here
> http://hardware-libre.fr/2014/06/raspberry-vs-banana-vs-a10-olinuxino-powering-and-sata-performance/
>
> Gerhard

What I like about the RPi is that it is afaik still the cheapest board
available. It also has a huge community and it's not being run by a
company but a foundation with a non-profit goal.
For real-time audio purposes it is certainly not the best choice, but
then, what do you expect for that price? And what do you expect from a
device that is made for educational purposes, not real-time,
low-latency, pro audio?

Jeremy