Re: [LAU] Kxstudio RT kernel vs low latency

From: Fede <federicogalland@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Aug 02 2014 - 18:27:09 EEST

> Hi all!
>
> https://github.com/autch/pm_qos_req

Ok, already tried it a few hours. It allowed me to push my onboard hda_intel card with an IDT codec down to -p32 -n3 -r48000 with a youtube+alsa_in and amsynth test.
With everything open and producing output, the max dsp load was 14% on my T6400 (core2 2GHz).
Suspend, resume and hibernate worked fine and the module can be unloaded without freezing the laptop.

With my Fast Track Pro worked fine too in its ¿hardware? lowest limit of -p64 -n2 -r48000 but I can't test suspend and resume since snd_usb_audio freezes the computer if the card is on when the computer goes to sleep (probably solveable through unloading the module before sleep with pm-utils).

MIDI tests coming.

What a great discovery.

Thanks to Joakim and everyone in this thread.