Re: [LAU] Kxstudio RT kernel vs low latency

From: Joakim Hernberg <jbh@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Aug 03 2014 - 15:25:33 EEST

On Sat, 2 Aug 2014 05:56:37 -0300
Fede <federicogalland@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

> On a side note: Does anyone have any factual information on
> config_irq_time_accounting ? I noticed that it increases the cpu
> load, but am not sure if it benefits the audio/midi processing. I'm
> working on a custom kernel config and trying to document how each
> parameter change affects audio and midi performance for later
> publishing.

AFAIK, it won't benefit audio/midi processing, it might even delay it
slightly, but note slightly... It's purpose is to provide accounting
information, that is to say to help profile interrupt handlers. I have
it turned off on the archlinux -rt kernel as I try to track the distro's
main kernel as closely as I can, and just enable or disable the few
options that are really relevant to getting good -rt performance.

--
   Joakim