Re: [LAU] Record from M-Audio 2496 S/PDIF input

From: Len Ovens <len@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Aug 03 2014 - 18:24:57 EEST

On Sun, 3 Aug 2014, Fons Adriaensen wrote:

> On Sat, Aug 02, 2014 at 11:40:48PM -0700, Len Ovens wrote:
>
> zita-a2j -j spdif -d hw:0,1 -r 48000 -p 256 -n2 -c 2
>
> to get correct port names.

I must have an older version, my man page doesn't show -j, good to know it
is there, thank you.

> Wouldn't recommend that, and zita-a2j is included as an internal
> client with recent Jack1 releases anyway. It can even be started
> in one command together with Jack.

Hmm, I use 1.9.10. In the past I have used the features of jackdbus for a
lot of things, but I am now probably to the point I don't have to. Jack is
started at session start with jack_control but could be just command line.
I don't use zita-a2j that much (testing only) as the old ensoniq card
while quite quiet is "only" 16 bit and uses 1/8 plugs. I normally use no
more than 2 inputs anyway. However, the debian/ubuntu repos seem to make
it as hard as possible to install jack1... or rather hard to remove jack2
or run jack1 along side. However, starting zita-a2j on the side is not a
problem.

--
Len Ovens
www.ovenwerks.net