Re: [LAU] First release of zita-njbridge

From: Peter P. <p8rpp@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Aug 04 2014 - 23:03:30 EEST

* Russell Hanaghan <hanaghan.osaudio@email-addr-hidden> [2014-08-04 15:18]:
> Hello Mr Fons!
>
> I have lots of time! lol
>
> I'm curious... This application excites me based on the following theoretical layout:
>
> Budget studio with say at least 1 strong central DAW in a control room. Other satellite rooms tht can be linked with Gig Ethernet and smaller (cheaper) platforms in those rooms for maybe recording certain instruments (drums might be a bitch even at low latencies) an feeding those channels back to the master. Effectively replacing shielded audio cables (which run into real money) for a Cat5e or Cat6 cable and gig ports either side. Gig switches and cards have become cheap, especially compared to half decent shielded pair audio cable.
>
> Is this reasonable as it relates to the application?

Fons' software is amazing and would be the one application up to it I
assume. However the only caveat I can think of right now, is that when
you use headphone monitoring, latencies might be doubled when sending
let's say the Kick to the control room, and then back to another
satellite room. Might all be fine, or turn into a problem.

"2cents"