Re: [LAU] Record from M-Audio 2496 S/PDIF input

From: Kevin Cosgrove <kevinc@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Aug 06 2014 - 02:44:47 EEST

On 4 August 2014 at 18:52, Ivan K <ivan_521521@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

> I have successfully recorded from my
> USBDualTubePre microphone preamp using the S/PDIF
> into my M-Audio 2496. I used mhWaveEdit.
>
> The issue was that qjackctl was displaying the
> Readable Clients/Output Ports and
> Writable Clients/Input Ports of my _motherboard_
> audio, not my M-Audio 2496.
>
> A recent off list reply coached me to set the
> correct device in Qjackctl with "Setup | Interface | >".
>
> Early on, Len Ovens informed me that the S/PDIF
> inputs of the ice1712 are 9 and 10.
>
> And of course, using envy24control to set "Master clock"
> to s/pdif rather than a sample rate was required as well.
>
> And so, thank you to all who responded!

Thanks for the discussion and your conclusions. I'm about to try
to transfer the content of an audio DAT tape using a Panasonic
DAT deck via the S/PDIF i/o on my Delta 1010 audio interface.
You all may have just saved me some headaches. FWIW, I'll be
attempting this using Ardour, which plays quite nicely with
JACK[12], and plays quite nicely on my system in general. But,
S/PDIF is new to me.

Cheerio....

--
Kevin