Re: [LAU] [Bulk] Re: Linux mixer

From: Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Aug 14 2014 - 19:12:53 EEST

On Thu, 2014-08-14 at 08:55 -0700, Len Ovens wrote:

> Non-mixer seems to have all that.

The GUI doesn't look very user friendly.

> Using jackrack or lv2rack and filling with whatever plugins create a mixer
> would work too.

True, but that's an annoying not user friendly workaround and I planned
to do it that way ot to test non-mixer.

> Ardour could be used, but is probably overkill and may use more resources
> than you wish.

Indeed, I could launch Ardour just to use it as a mixer. Ardour's mixer
is ok, but I don't want to use Ardour, anyway, I could test how much
resources Ardour2 (or 3) needs and use Qtractor with Ardour's mixer. I
didn't think about using Ardour as a mixer only! A good idea :)! Thank
you.

Now that I found out, how to add a bus to Qtractor, at least for audio
of the MIDI plugins I could use the aux send plugins. Qtrators mixer
seems to send MIDI CC to the synth plugins, the fader seems not to
control the audio signal, so any aux send plug automatically is post
fader, I just fear that for audio tracks those aux send plugins will be
pre fader.