Re: [LAU] [Bulk] Re: [Bulk] Re: Audacity on Ubuntu 14.04 is REALLY unstable

From: Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Aug 19 2014 - 11:50:58 EEST

On Mon, 2014-08-18 at 10:18 -0400, Alan McKay wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 18, 2014 at 9:58 AM, Len Ovens <len@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
> > So that would be the new (still experimental IMO) unity desktop with it's
> > ever changing interface that is slowly moving from X to MIR.
>
> I'll install the traditional desktop and try it.

Make a new install of Ubuntu Studio (advantage for you, Len is member of
the developers team ;), Xubuntu or Kubuntu or any other *buntu. AFAIK
non of them includes the Ubuntu spyware, so this seems to be a better
way, than just installing Xfce4, KDE or other packages. Better than
using another *buntu IMO is to use another distro with a WM instead of a
DE.

--
http://iknowwhereyourcatlives.com/