Re: [LAU] [Bulk] Sequencer suggestions?

From: Philipp Überbacher <murks@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Aug 26 2014 - 16:20:22 EEST

On Tue, 26 Aug 2014 14:40:18 +0200
Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@rocketmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, 2014-08-26 at 14:09 +0200, Philipp Überbacher wrote:
> > What do you use?
>
> I'm using Qtractor, but I'm dissatisfied.
>
> > Any idea what happened to the calf stuff? I tried them from git but
> > the, as far as I remember, wonderful wavetable synth crashes the
> > hosts.
>
> Regarding to this issues I replaced calf monosynth with synthv1. Some
> time ago, perhaps one or two years, Rui released some new instruments,
> synthv1 is the first I'm testing at the moment, but it seems to be
> hugely satisfying. I didn't compare it with real synth, but at least
> for a virtual synth it sounds nice.

Thaks Ralf,
the monosynth is nice in its own right and it still works. I think
I liked the wavetable synth better.
I briefly tried fabla which is also a wavetable synth but couldn't
quite get sounds that I liked out of it, some of its presets do better
though, so I probably just haven't figured out how to do it yet. I also
used to like phasex, but since the recent thread about it I'm a bit
scared to use it.

I guess I'll give non-sequencer another go, it looks a bit different
from what I remember. First I'll have to make myself familiar with NSM
though, back and the day there was only lash and ladish.

I'll try to not get caught up in too many technical details this time
around and make some sound instead.

Regards,
Philipp