Re: [LAU] [Bulk] Re: Sequencer suggestions?

From: Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Aug 26 2014 - 19:02:01 EEST

On Wed, 2014-08-27 at 00:27 +0900, michael noble wrote:

> On Wed, Aug 27, 2014 at 12:20 AM, Philipp Überbacher
> <murks@tuxfamily.org> wrote:
> It seems the original author didn't
> touch the code in more than 1 1/2 years, so the bug report
> would likely
> had no effect.
>

> The original author seems to have been missing in action for quite
> some time, though it's not the first time. He disappeared for a long
> time before the last exciting, though flawed update, which led to a
> github fork at the time. When he re-appeared to much fanfare he
> communicated great intent to maintain Phasex, and then promptly
> disappeared again. Attempts by multiple people to contact the author
> through numerous channels have been unsuccessful so far as I know.
>

> It would be a shame for Phasex to go by the wayside, as it really is a
> very cool sounding synth, problems aside.

Actually it's the only virtual synth that IMO relatively often can
compare with some CEM (Curtis) based analog synth-sounds. The "Moog's
wandering pitch tracking" sounds sometimes exceed even CEM (Curtis)
synth, however, even some Moog synth used CEM (Curtis). Dave Smith
likely is the Steve Wozniak of vintage analog synth maintaining. It's a
pity that he nowadays has got the monopoly for good synth chips :(. JFTR
I don't know how to repair my digital age TG33 either ;) ... chips die
out.