Re: [LAU] Lightweight WM that can be used without any issue with audio applications

From: david <gnome@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Aug 27 2014 - 09:45:52 EEST

On 08/26/2014 07:25 PM, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> I switched from Xfce4 to JWM. JWM does work with all apps excepted of
> QjackCtl. Often I need to kill QjackCtl, because the Connect window
> always is above all other windows and it's impossible to close it. I
> don't want to use a tiling window manager or a WM that is nearly as
> bloated, as DEs such as Xfce4. What WMs do you use?
>
> A lightweight DE would be ok too, as long as it isn't unstable and has
> got no dependencies to GNOME software. Bad coded stuff like
> Enlightenment is a complete no-go. I want to handle windows with the
> mouse, they should be free to overlap and I don't want to experience
> issues, even not issues that happens seldom, workspaces should be
> editable. JWM is nearly perfect, excepted of the QjackCTL issue.

Hmm, what're your issues with "bloat" in Xfce4? Has worked here for many
years on some pretty limited (old) hardware.

Only times I've had to go to something less "bloated" I like OpenBox.
Only had to do that for memory-intensive graphics processing, so I don't
recall encountering any problems with QJackCtl.

--
David W. Jones
gnome@email-addr-hidden