Re: [LAU] KXStudio reminded me of why I don't like ZynAddSubFX

From: Filipe Coelho <falktx@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Aug 27 2014 - 13:06:07 EEST

On 08/27/2014 10:05 AM, david wrote:
> Booted live KXStudio 14.04 DVD. Cadence started JACK, pointed
> uselessly at the onboard audio. I pointed it at my USB sound card with
> the same settings I use normally. Started Zyn. It visibly made sound
> (Zyn's indicator), but no sound came out. (I found nothing in Cadence
> to connect Zyn to JACK. But then I don't know Cadence.) I ran KMixer
> and audio volume was up for the USB card. So I said, Oh, well, guess
> it doesn't work with Zyn. (Not the first time I've had problems with
> Zyn and JACK, I much prefer Yoshimi.) So I close Zyn. After which
> Cadence reports that JACK server is stopped. Restarting JACK or even
> force restarting a JACK restart using Cadence gives me no audio
> devices to pick from.
>
> KXStudio isn't ready for this user yet, I guess.

I don't remember getting a bug report about this, unless this counts as one?

In any case, the Zyn in the kxstudio repos does not auto-connect to
system outputs.
This is so it can be safely used in a session manager environment.

The 14.04 ISO is a bit old now.
There has been some serious Cadence improvements and a new Zyn release
since then.
A new ISO will be released in a few days.