Re: [LAU] Status of lisalo/lisaloQt and calfbox?

From: Jonathan E Brickman <jeb@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Aug 29 2014 - 17:34:31 EEST

Greetings, Len. The creator of calfbox suggested I look at this file:

sampler_api_example2.py

which can be seen in the git repo here:

http://repo.or.cz/w/calfbox.git/blob/HEAD:/sampler_api_example2.py

My impression has become, that calfbox is probably a very nice Python
toolkit by which one can build applets to do a number of musical things,
including build a live synth using SFZ instruments. This thought is
analogous to mididings, which is indeed a very nice Python toolkit by
which one can build applets to do a number of MIDI conversions,
combinations, and other renobulations of many sorts. I have not tried
calfbox yet, but do use mididings regularly, and am looking forward to
some careful experimentation; I am trying to build a very dense Strings
instrument for my synth box ( http://lsn.ponderworthy.com ), and
although the 14-item LinuxSynth setup I have right now sounds great for
a second or two of note-hold, one hears increasing spits and pops and
static after more hold even on one note.

Jonathan E. Brickman
Ponderworthy Music | jeb@email-addr-hidden | (785)233-9977 |
http://ponderworthy.com <http://ponderworthy.com/>