Re: [LAU] Successor/replacement for RME HDSP+Multiface?

From: Kazakore <dj_kaza@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Aug 30 2014 - 15:15:19 EEST

On 30/08/14 17:02, Kazakore wrote:

>>> LOADS of laptops have ExpressCard slots!
>>
>> Really? Which ones?
>>

> My Lenovo X230 for starters, plus most the others I looked at in the T
> range at the time (just over a year ago.) My internet is far too slow
> to do any research on today's models. If things truly have changed in
> just the last year them I'm sorry. Didn't seem hard to find when I was
> looking last summer/autumn and that doesn't feel that long ago.
>
> Well the basic T440 doesn't but it's taken me about 10 minutes just to
> check that so really am going to stop now. Hope you find something.
> (Maybe the T540 or T440P??) I remember being surprised when I heard
> Apple had dropped it from the MBP! Seems maybe that was the start of
> it being dropped everywhere... :-(

Seems the latest range have got rid of them but I can make you a
suggested. Get a Refurbished one from Lenovo Outlet Store. I went on the
assumption that there is a greater chance of you being in the States
than the UK so checked the store for there and both the X230 and T530
were listed as available and both have ExpressCard.

My X230 was from the UK Outlet store. Was quite lucky I think. About
40-50% reduction when ever other laptop they had listed was only 10% or
a bit more. I have my suspicions (hopes) a bulk order was cancelled and
thus they had a lot of them and they price went cheap. Good thing about
the X230 is that it's about the only ThinkPad model I found that goes
through the same tests as the T-series ("MilSpec Tested") :-)

Hope this is of some help. Dale.